묵상과 칼럼

• 예배와 말씀 >
  • 묵상과 칼럼
[2006년 여름호 뉴스레터]에 기고한 글
운영자 2007-08-04 추천 0 댓글 0 조회 897
An nyoung ha se yo, Greetings to you all.
I would like to think about the church with you through this page.

What is the Church? I believe that this is a very important question to us as we practise a faith life, because we are able to maintain a healthy Christian faith.  This is because we know the meaning of “the church” correctly. One of the most basic concepts of the church is “a meeting”. The church is not a building. Also, the church is not a system. The church is a meeting of people. Therefore, the church is the community of people, meeting.

If so, is the church the place just for social relationships? Absolutely not! The church is a meeting of people who believe in the name of Jesus Christ. What do we do after we meet? We worship God, praise the Lord, exchange fellowship as Christians, serve one another, and propagate our faith. We should meet for these purposes and once we meet at the church, we should do these things.

The book of Acts in the New Testament shows us the images of the first church at Jerusalem. “All the believers continued together in close fellowship and shared their belongings with one another”(Acts 2:44). “Day after day they met as a group in the Temple, their homes, eating with glad and humble hearts, praising God, and enjoying the good will of all the people”(Acts 2:46-47).

It is essential for us today, to find the foundation for a healthy church by studying the example of the first church in the New Testament. The first Christians gathered and met with one another.

Hebrews 10:25 says, “Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more, since you see that the Day of the Lord is coming nearer”. We should gather and meet with one another. Jesus says, “For where two or three come together in my name. I am there with them”(Matthew 18:20).

God be with us, as we meet in the name of Jesus Christ. Our church will be healthier through the meeting.

Yours sincerely,

Jangwon SEO
자유게시판 목록
구분 제목 작성자 등록일 추천 조회
이전글 전도의 문을 여는 목사가 되고 싶다! 운영자 2007.08.04 0 1201
다음글 그대, 내게 휴식을 주는 사람 운영자 2007.08.04 0 799

Cnr Te Aroha St. & River Rd., Hamilton, New Zealand TEL : 07-855-0020 지도보기

Copyright © 해밀턴한인교회. All Rights reserved. MADE BY ONMAM.COM

• Today11
  • Total75,585
  • rss
  • facebook